Thursday, May 19, 2016

Birdie Beauty Contest

 I took a lot of bird photos over the last week and didn't know what to do with them so I thought I'd have a bird beauty contest. My favorite for this week was this Cedar Waxwing so I'm giving it first place.
 I thought these baby Canada Geese were kind of cute. They remind me of those little marshmallow chicks that kids used to get in Easter Baskets.
Owls are so beautiful that I purposely took a photo of a Barred Owl hiding behind branches just to make it fair-(If you believe that I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you!) .
Okay, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I will say that Black Vultures have lots of personality and they save us town tax money by cleaning up the road kill! 

What's your pick for the winner of the birdie beauty contest?

10 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Larry, they are all lovely photos but I am leaning towards the baby Canada geese and the owl! :)

Michelle said...

I do love seeing that Cedar Waxwing. I confess to being a lover of owls!

Larry said...

I love owls but don't often get clear pictures of them. We have sneaky ones around here that like to hide in the woods.

Anu said...

Beautiful birds and great photos. I like most the Cedar Waxwing.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love owls and never get to see them, although I often hear them in our woods.

Larry said...

I like hearing Barred Owls as much as seeing them. They have some really interesting vocalizations in the Fall.

Gary said...

Hi,

Thanks for some cool pictures. I'm partial to the owl - obscuring branches or not - partly because that's in the name of one of my sites. :)

Your bio says you use the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS camera, Meopta Meostar 8x42 binoculars, and a Vortex spotting scope. I was wondering if you still do use each of those. (I know how bio's can easily become outdated.) If you do, which Vortex spotting scope is it and how do you like it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Larry said...

Thanks for the comments. I am still using the equipment you mentioned.

Gary said...

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know you're still using that equipment. You must really like how it works.

troutbirder said...

I'll always go for the song birds and waxwings are so elegant...:)