Sunday, October 11, 2020

Visualization & World's Smallest Dinosaur Park?

 
I spend a lot of time poking around different areas looking for new places to go birding, hiking, and recently, potential dark sites for astronomy. 

Daydreaming and visualization about what I might see at a newly discovered location provide inspiration and incentive for me.

The photo at the top is of a tiny park that has dinosaur footprints embedded in the natural rock ledge. I came across this place once before but had forgotten about it. To me, coming across places like this creates a nice little side dish to add to a day's birding and sometimes the side dishes are the best part of the meal.As tiny as this park may be it has a feature that I really like about it. 
These are the original prints that have been here for millions of years in this exact location. There are no casts or anything protecting them. 
I can stand right where these magnificent creatures once stood and imagine what it would have been like to be here millions of years ago to observe them in their natural setting!Of course there are still many warblers still around too and they say birds may have evolved from the theropods-(carnivorous dinosaurs that walked on 2 feet).

(I have no idea if this is the world's smallest dinosaur park but it really is tiny).

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Hopefully it stays somewhat of a secret so no one disturbs the dino print!