Sunday, August 22, 2021

Box Of Chocolates Birding

July and August has been a partial break from birding for me. I've approached birding this time in the same way some people approach a box of mixed chocolates (not me). I check out a spot, take a bite and then move on to another spot if it doesn't immediately appeal to me. The top picture was at the power lines.
It was awfully quiet there but I took a moment to appreciate a bird that I admittedly overlook when there are other birds around to see. This Mourning Dove was didn't fly off in a noisy panic as they often do. It seemed the epitome of Peace.
It was the horses the healthy looking horses that first caught my attention but if you look towards the left edge of the pond you might see something perched along the shoreline.
A Great Blue Heron silently keeps guard and looks for opportunities.

My birding has been few a far between these days. Once the air cools down, the foliage starts to turn, and fall migration picks up I will once again be bitten by the birding bug.
 

No comments: