Saturday, August 6, 2022

On My Way To The Hardware Store...

I was on my way to the hardware store to pick up some supplies. I pulled into the parking lot and as I looked across the way I saw what looked to be 3 Killdeer having a group discussion. Killdeer are technically shorebirds but I guess they forgot to tell them because I see  more Killdeer inland than I do at the shore.
I left my binoculars at home but I was glad that I had my camera with me! 
One of them was sunken down into a small pothole. Maybe not the best place to keep your eggs. I hope that's not the case but I'll have to take a distant peek into that pothole tomorrow!

Birds are all around us and they don't wait for us to go birdwatching to make themselves visible!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

We see Killdeer often in the hay fields here and they like to walk along our gravel roads.
I love their song and how they run in front of you while you walk and act wounded.

Nice find! Strange place to be in a road?