Thursday, September 26, 2024

A Camping Firepit Backyard Birding Sit!

Lately, nights have been to busy to find the time to enjoy sitting by the firepit. So why not make one in the morning? I got this one started before sunrise.
The moon was still visible while I was sipping on coffee and sitting next to the warmth of the fire. I heard an owl calling in the dark.
Eventually the sun came up and I didn't want to miss my birding time. Instead of extinguishing the fire so I could run out birding somewhere I decided to stay right where I was. After all, there's always going to be birds to see in your own yard! This Red-shouldered Hawk was one of many I was able to see. Sitting in one place while birding and birding in my own yard are 2 things I always intend to do but don't always have the patience to follow through. I was able to knock both of those off my baby bucket list.

There are many ways that I to enjoy nature. Sitting by a fire with a moonlit sky, birding, and camping are 3 of my favorites. With a little creativity and imagination I was able to get a taste of all 3. The first 2 speak for themselves and camping is a frame of mind. you just have to convince yourself that your backyard is a campground!

No comments: