Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Birds Of Wisdom Are Up At Dawn

I've found that one of the surest ways to have a special experience is to arrive at your birding destination before dawn.
I believe that nature has doors to secret rooms that are locked once the whir of the human machine starts to permeate the atmosphere.
If you find a special place at the right time of day it can be pure magic.You are no longer just watching birds but existing in the same space connected in spirit by the same miracle of life.
                                                                                     (above photo of American kestrel)
Time seems to stand still as you look into the eyes of a motionless Green Heron and wonder- what's he thinking?
"Don't worry about what you can't do or haven't done yet-focus only on what can be done right now" says the wise old owl (Barred Owl ).
Was the owl offering me advice about one of life's challenges or was the Great Spirit using the owl as a conduit for communication?

Answers to questions such as that are best contemplated while you are deep in the woods at sunrise.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

My husband likes to sit in a deer stand, (though not an avid deer hunter), and watch nature go by. Like you, he says watching the forest wake up is truly magical. Wonderful shots, as always.

Carole M. said...

...and it's a magical post too Larry. Early with nature and beautiful shots ...I'm loving the kestrel I think it is? They're all great!

warriormom said...

Wow. Just beautiful. I love the Green Heron with the turtle behind.

Larry said...

I've never hunted a deer but have sat in deer stands myself and do agree.
Carole-It is a Kestrel-I added the name of the bird in the post-thanks.

Unknown said...

awesome photos larry

Kathie Brown said...

Larry, you are so right! and you have discovered the secrets of the forest!

troutbirder said...

Beautiful in every way. I think I've found those magical moments flyfishing most often but birding has provided a close second...:)

Unknown said...

Wish I were a morning person .. but I'm not (severe handicap for a birder) This is a beautiful post! "The whir of the human machine" is too much in evidence..If only we could all stop, look and listen to the natural world. Great photos!

Cathy said...

Well.
That is just one of the loveliest blog posts, ever.