Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Gotcha! White-Faced Ibis

I and a self-confessed slacker-birder at times and I know this has led to me overlooking some rare birds. I almost drove past a White-faced Ibis this weekend. I saw a couple of Ibis on the edge of a pond in Old Saybrook on Sunday. I've already seen Glossy ibis by the dozen this year so when I saw these 2 birds I figured they're probably just more of the same. 
Then a voice in my head told me "Don't be a slacker Larry. It will only take a minute to stop and check them out."  I'm glad I did because one of them turned out to be a White-faced Ibis. The photos are of poor quality but came in handy for verification purposes on eBird. You can see the white face and reddish legs of the left bird in photo 1 and the reddish eye in photo 2. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome photos and beautiful reflections!

France Paulsen said...

Great reminder Larry - I often do the same thing and I'm starting to slow down some to take it all in.