Sunday, February 25, 2018

By Land Or By Sea?

 It's only about a half hour drive for me to reach the shoreline which has a greater variety of birds than I can find further inland this time of year but I love being out in the local woods too. I ended up splitting my time between the two.

 I was searching around some farmy areas in Middletown the other day hoping to find a few birds I've yet to see this year like kinglets,robins, and Hermit Thrushes. I enjoyed checking out some new areas even though I didn't find what I was looking for.
 I love finding remnants of old structures hidden in the landscape.  I'm not sure what this silo type building was used for but it looks like a piece of farm history. Maybe someone who knows can clue me in?
 I struck out looking for shore birds down at the shoreline too. Getting the right tide at the right time is essential at the shoreline and I must have misread the tide chart.
Still, there was plenty of winter ducks around like this pair of Bufflehead. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A beautiful area and the pair of Bufflehead are lovely.