Sunday, June 16, 2019

No Bird No Body No Focus No Eyes No Tail

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. If I don't have anything interesting to say, I count on an interesting photo to help me tell a story. If a photo is good enough then I don't have to say anything. As they say, a picture tells a thousand words. It seems that recently the photos fell short of inspiring me to write a post.

This bridge photo was taken in the wee hours of the morning.I wanted to write about how it was a beautiful area that didn't have a big variety of birds but was a great place to find Acadian Flycatchers. I heard them and got a glimpse of one but no photo and no post.
I took a couple of head shots of a Great Egret and............
a Great Blue Heron but they didn't come out as I hoped so that was the end of that post.
 I heard a Bobwhite calling and was excited about it since few Bobwhites exist in the wild in Connecticut. This one was standing on a fence post singing the Bobwhite song. It might have been raised by someone and released but I love  seeing and hearing it sing that clear 2 note song. I was only able to get a photo that was good for identification.
Boat-tailed Grackle singing in the rain. Can you see him? That's great but I don't know if he can see you without any eyes!
Not a bad Red-winged Blackbird photo except for one minor detail. For 5 points can you tell what part of the bird got cut off in this picture?
I found a pink lady slipper! If only it were a bird! Maybe it will give me good luck for next weekend!

No comments: