Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Don't Underestimate The Wise Old Owl

I recently bought a new laptop at a chain store. They wanted me to pay for all sorts of programs and services that would have doubled the price of the laptop. I did not want to give the satisfaction of soaking me for the extra money but was disappointed at how slowly it ran when I got home.

I like to have breakfast at the local diner at 6am on weekends and chat with the old timers who always show up as the restaurant opens. One guy gave me a tip about a computer repair guy that he said was very reasonable. It was in a sketchy part of town and the computer repair guy was about 80 years old. I decided to give it a shot despite my skepticism. It turned out to be a great move as he got my computer running great for 30 bucks along with instructions on how to keep it running fast.

 I always thought of the younger generation as being the computer experts but on the other hand I have more trust in the older generation. It made me think about how we tend to prejudge situations whether we realize it or not.

No comments: