Sunday, November 29, 2020

I Spent The Morning Admiring Rocks

I went out to a place called Seven Falls State Park looking for a reported rare bird which I wasn't able to find. What I did find during my morning hike along the main trail was a whole lot of rocks.
Water tumbling down over rocks makes for nice scenery. 
This giant  caught my eye. It has a shape that and size that would make the perfect cabin for Fred Flintstone. They say a lot of boulders were carried along and dropped off at various locations during the ice age.
Seems likes something interesting and mysterious going on here.
I had to wonder who put together these nice structures? Why did they do it?  Do they have a purpose?  It must have been a lot of work.

I remember there was an episode of an old science fiction show called the outer limits in which the rocks communicated with each other. I wonder if the writer of that episode ever spent time out in the woods looking at rocks?

 

No comments: