Monday, June 3, 2024

Black-necked Stilt Has Distinct Markings

 A Black-necked Stilt which is considered a rare sighting in Connecticut showed up at Hammonasset State Park Last week. It was a reminder of why Hammonasset is considered one of the best birding spots in Connecticut. 

This is a bird that I thought was well worth taking a ride out to see. I was fortunate enough to be able to see it. This was my first time I have seen this species. It was very busy working back and forth picking food out of the water. The thing I liked most about this one was it had an elegant posture and long pink legs. The thing I liked most about it was that it had its own unique markings. There was no mistaking it for another species. I wish all birds were considerate enough to have their own unique markings. It makes identification so much easier!

 

No comments: