Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ignoring The Snow And Just Getting Out There

 We've been spoiled by a mild in Connecticut so far this winter but we finally had some significant snowfall. A walk through the state forest gave me a good workout but yielded few bird sightings.
I was able to find a hearty weather Great Blue Heron still hanging around at a marsh. I find that it's easier to get through the winter by trying to embrace. I plan to get outdoors on the weekend instead of hiding in the house until spring. 

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Embracing winter is the best attitude. Sometimes hard when it is so cold!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Larry, I am anxious to get a car and hit the road myself since the accident! Great shot of that Heron!!...:)JP

Larry said...

Embracing Winter is not easy. Sometimes you just have to trick yourself into it.Thanks for the comments.

Kathie Brown said...

Nice find! Yes, we have been spoiled and I, for one, am grateful that this winter is not like last year!