Saturday, July 6, 2024

Sidetracked By Raspberries And Snakes

I haven't been motivated to go birding on 90 degree humid days but managed to sneak out to the woods over the weekend. I wore a long-sleeved shirt and boots which added to the discomfort but being attacked by deerflies and other critters is not on my bucket list.
I encountered what I believe to be a Black Rat Snake. Snakes don't bother me unless I think they're poisonous but I decided to take the road less traveled instead of stepping over it just in case. I do carry a box of -snake and bake- with me just in case they get out of line!The road less travelled led me to lots of raspberry bushes which in turn led to lots of smoothies!

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Oh those look delicious!

I dress like you right now to go into the woods. Long sleeves, long pants, and a head net over my ball cap.

With all our rain we are getting a very unusual amount of mosquitoes and gnats which are horrific in the woods.

The birds seem to like it though!

Anonymous said...

LD. The red raspberry’s look so great but I don’t like very black snakes.