Here's a silly post that I just couldn't get out of my head. Did you ever hear a song that kept on playing over and over in your mind? It doesn't necessarily have to be a good song either. It could even be a jingle from some commercial. That is what happened in this case. I need to post this just so I can get it out of my mind once and for all. Yes Daffy-I know-It's despicable but here it goes:
Here are some thoughts on what it might be like to go birding with the following people/characters:
1) Birding With The Brady Bunch:
(Jan) "Hey Greg-I just saw A House Sparrow!"
(Greg) "Hold On Jan, Marsha's yelling something-what Marsha? You're kidding! Marsha's just found a California Condor! Groovy!"
(Jan) "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha - Why does it always have to be Marsha?!"
2) Birding With Oprah Winfrey:
I think it would be interesting if Oprah did a special on the phenomena of birding. I could visualize her setting up a giant bird blind for her entire audience in a prime birding area. At the end of the show she would give everyone Swarovski Binoculars and a free guided trip to Costa Rica!
3) What would it be like to go birding with famous tap dancers like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly?:
I was thinking that it might be a good idea to bring these guys out to an area with a hard surface so as to make best use of their tap dancing ability. All the jumping and flailing would probably spook most birds away but perhaps the incessant tapping of their feet might attract a nice variety of woodpeckers!
4) Birding With Dustin Hoffman's Character Ray From The Rain Man:
Imagine if Ray took an interest in birding. I would love to have him on my team during a Christmas Count:
(Larry) "Ray, how many Red-winged blackbirds do you think were in that flock?"
(Ray) "Four hundred and twenty-seven Red-winged Blackbirds."
(Larry) "Are you sure there's that many? I was thinking more like 300."
(Ray) "Definitely 427 Red-winged Blackbirds."
5) Birding With Al Pacino:
"Hooah! I do believe that's one more lifer to add to my list!"
6) I wonder if Linda Blair would have a fixation with owls because of their ability to turn their heads 270 degrees?
7) What if Steve Austin and Jamie Sommers (aka bionic man and bionic woman) entered into The World Series Of Birding? Their ability to leap over bushes and run 70 miles wouldn't hurt. Their real advantage would be Steve's telescopic eye and Jamie's super sensitive ear. Imagine the list they could produce!
8) Imagine if the host of The Weakest Link, Anne Robinson, was a field trip leader.
(Innocent Birder) "Anne isn't that a Red-headed Woodpecker?
(Anne)-The correct answer is Red-bellied Woodpecker. I'm sorry but you are the weakest link.-Goodbye!
Do you have any celebrities or characters you'd like to add?