Here are a few details about this vest:
- It has a total of 17 pockets.
- There are 4 zippered pockets, all of them are in front - two measure 12" x 8". The other two are 9" x 6 ".
- The rest of the pockets are velcro and are of various sizes. There are two 12" x 7" pockets on the inside of the vest.
I've had a few interesting experiences while wearing my vest:
- I was once birding near the Eight Mile River in East Haddam when a game warden stopped to question me. He asked me if I had a fishing license and wondered where my gear was.
- While birding at Wangunk Meadows in Portland, 3 guys on ATV's saw me taking notes in my sketch book. They stopped cold and drove the other way. I guess they thought I was someone of authority and knew they weren't supposed to be riding ATV's there!
- A couple of times while I was out on a Sunday, I've been reminded that "there is no hunting".
- People have mistaken me for someone from the D.E.P and asked if it was okay for them to be walking in the area we were in when I should have been asking the same question.
If you are fashion conscious, then this vest may not be for you. If it's pockets you're looking for, Uncle Milty's Travel Vest has them!