Machimoudus is a reliable place to find American Kestrel. It was very overcast today, and I was unable to get a good picture of this Kestrel. Interestingly, it would fly off when I tried to take its picture, but seemed to follow me after I left an area.
This is an interesting looking abandoned building on the grounds next to the park.
I saw this Turkey Vulture perched in the tree on my way out.
To sum up what I saw at the Park -( besides the Kestrel and Vulture).
- A lot of noisy Brown-headed Cowbirds. -(they could have driven a plumber crazy with all that dripping noise).
- Several noisy Eastern Phoebes (Feee-beee Feee-beee).
- A handful of Eastern Bluebirds and Tree Swallows
- Male Northern Cardinals chasing each other and facing off to see who wins the real estate battle.(they seem to be fairly polite about it).
- A Pileated Woodpecker which was more heard than seen.
- Red-winged Blackbirds and American Robins in big numbers.-(both of which sing better than Sanjaya from American Idol).
- Chipping Sparrows.
- I was hoping to find a Pine Warbler but did not. (strangely absent-just like Don Imus).
I also saw a bunch of other stuff, but that should be enough detail.-Did you see any interesting birds today?