Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fooled By Piping Plover Bumper Sticker!

 I stopped by a local patch the other day to survey the birds but noticed that the parking lot was full of vehicles for hunters so decided to come back on another day. I was surprised to see what looked like an I Love Piping Plovers( marking seem a bit off?) bumper sticker on the truck but was brought back to reality when I took a closer look. I'm guessing this sticker was made for people who feel inconvenienced by areas of shoreline being closed off to protect  Piping Plovers during nesting season. I agree with protecting Piping Plovers but wonder if stopping and reversing development along shorelines might be a better long term solution.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is offensive! I guess it is proof in action that hunters don't love wildlife and nature for all that some claim they do.

Larry said...

Sarala-In fairness, I'm not sure that the bumper sticker is directly connected with a hunter.

I've witnessed other people who resent being restricted access due to nesting areas-people walking dogs,photographers,fishermen, even birders.Some people are understaning and some are clearly not so understanding.

steadyjohn said...

The bearer of the sticker has clearly chosen a humorous approach to address perceived obstacles to enjoyment of the sea shore.

Larry said...

steadyjohn-I suppose the humor might depend on which side of the issue you're on.