Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fresh Snow Is A Perfect Backdrop For Birds


There's nothing like freshly fallen snow and blue skies to bring out the beauty in birds like this Eastern Bluebird.
It's worth trudging through the woods to take in the scenery after a snowstorm.
 I didn't see a whole lot of birds but the ones I did see seemed as if they were in a 3 dimensional painting. I can't remember the last time I saw a goldfinch and bluebird side by side on a snow-covered branch. If that was the only thing that I saw then it would have still been worth the effort.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That first shot is just the sweetest bird!

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh. What a sweet picture.
Your bluebird on a snow-festooned branch.
Perfect.

warriormom said...

gorgeous!

Larry said...

Thanks for the comments.I finally got some sunshine to use the new 50x Canon powershot. It's not perfect but lets me use some pictures that would have been to far away otherwise.