Monday, January 9, 2017

Sunny Skies Minus Wind = Perfect Winter Day

The only day I've been out birding this year was on 
New Year's day. Winter isn't my favorite season but on days when the sun is shining and the wind is silent it makes for a perfect winter day. I could feel heat rising up from the sun-drenched soil as I was walking along the river trail. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make all the difference.
One of the bonuses of birding on the first day of the year is that every bird you see is the your first bird of the year but I'm still waiting for my first bird photo of the year (old photo). Golden-crowned-Kinglet (above))is on my wish list for next weekend.

1 comment:

Nadezda said...

Great ides, Larry to spend New year first day birding. Love your first photo, seems it was really cold day!