Sunday, November 4, 2018

I Got Birds In Forgotten Places


 I made a point of looking for birds in forgotten places today. I made one stop along the Connecticut River and took a walk along a 10 foot wide strip of grass that is owned by the town but it looks as though it's part of someone's yard.
The Dark-eyed Junco is a sure sign that winter is not far away.
 I checked below these colorful fall trees to see what bird was making chip notes.
 The White-throated Sparrow is another bird that will keep us company for the rest of the winter.
 This is a little pond that has no name. It sits behind a few houses and isn't much more than a flooded patch of woods.
Which is all it takes to satisfy a Green-winged Teal.I was happy to find him in a forgotten little pond, especially this time of the year.

It had me singing "I got birds in forgotten places-where the trees are broken and the sign are faded-but that's okay-I found a teal today". Does that song sound familiar to anyone? 

No comments: