Sunday, August 29, 2021

Summer, My 4th Favorite Season


(Prairie Warbler)
It's hard for me to believe that summer is almost over. I won't miss it much. I prefer the cool spring weather when the leaves are few and the migrants are many. Spring might be my favorite season but I would give a slight edge to fall.I like those clear sunny days of winter where eagles dare to perch where the branches are bare. Winter would be my 3rd favorite season unless you ask me after a week of subzero weather and snowstorms. For a brief time, summer may seem to be a better option.As the summer arrives the leaves start to get in the way along with the humidity and mosquitoes. There are still plenty of cool birds to see, just under less pleasant conditions.Great-crested Flycatcher

All seasons are worth celebrating but I'll soon be leaving my least favorite season and entering my favorite one!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I all the seasons and in part I like fall and winter best. At least winter when it hasn't overstayed its welcome. Spring is always a surprise to me and makes me full of joy to see the seasons change yet again.

I don't like July and August for their unbearable heat and bugs. Yet, that is the time to find beautiful insects.
I guess my favorite season then would be the one I am in!

These are great photos of birds I have had glimpses of. The eagles do stick around our area year round now.