Monday, August 22, 2022

Near The End Of The Connecticut River



I took a ride down to Deep River and Essex. These are two towns that have excellent viewing areas of the Connecticut River. This was the site where 28 American ships were destroyed by British marauders in 1814 (there's a little more to the story than that) 
The next town up is Deep River. There is an old historic passenger train that brings passengers from Essex down to this location.
 You have the option of getting off the train to take a boat ride on the Connecticut river or you can continue traveling further south by train. 
I was there looking for a particular species of tern(Forster's) which had been reported. I had no luck with that but of course, there are always birds to see like Osprey.
Cormorants are also very interesting birds to observe. The summer is going by quickly and fall is approaching quickly!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I don't think I've ever seen a Cormorant! Wow!

I agree, summer is flying by.