I took a bike ride through some agricultural fields near the Connecticut River in Rocky Hill. It used to have open gates to drive your car through but now that the gates are closed a bike is the best option to cover the 5 mile treck. It can be a good shorebird spot but on this day it was a raucous raven that caught my attention. Boy can they squawk!
Zinnias are great if you're looking for attention from birds and butterflies! This swallowtail looks like it needs to get to the wing repair shop soon.
Goldfinches are on them every day! Every year I try to add more perennials and rely less on the annuals but I'm planting Zinnias every year no matter what.Looking at birds in the garden, a trip down to the shore and one bike ride through the farm fields is about all the birding I did in August. I looked at the calendar today and realized that August has already come to an end!
No comments:
Post a Comment